Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Porkchops & Applesauce

I got a new Crock Pot for Christmas! Here I am in all my dorky glory:


Want to read more about my family's Christmas? Go here. :)



Remember The Brady Bunch? It was one of my favorite shows growing up. Tonight for dinner, we're having Pork Chopsh...and Appleshaush.


This meal goes together quickly and cooks in the crock pot. That's perfect for nights like tonight at my house. Our new German Shepherd Sacha is starting her training classes at Petsmart, so we're going to be in a rush. It'll be nice not to have to fiddle around with making dinner and cleaning up. Everything will be done. Just one pot to wash and some plates to stick in the dishwasher.

Also, this is very healthy, with no added sugar or fat. And that's good for my weight loss. I'm following Weight Watchers Points Plus program and have lost over 25 pounds since September 19th. :)

Your house will smell delicious when you cook this. Plus, you get to talk like Humphrey Bogart and act like Peter Brady. What could be more fun?


The chops are completely covered with applesauce prior to cooking. I don't measure the amount, but it's roughly two cups of sauce.

Pork Chops & Applesauce
Serves 6

What You Need:
  • 6 boneless pork chops
  • 1 large, tart apple (cored and sliced)
  • about 2 cups unsweetened applesauce
How it's Done:
  1. Layer chops and apple slices in slow cooker.
  2. Cover completely with applesauce.
  3. Cover and cook on low 6 to 8 hours.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Woot! Congrats on your weight loss so far!

I love pork chops and applesauce for dinner, but I never thought of COOKING them together. I'll have to try it soon.

Happy New Year!

StephenC said...

Pork chops with apple sauce was a part of my childhood, but "with", not "in". Sounds like a great idea.

Unknown said...

WOOHOO!! on the weight loss!!!
Pork chops and applesauce..they go together like peanut butter and chocolate... YUM!!!

Ellie said...

Love your post. My granddaughter says that all the time now. She never had porkchops and applesauce until gramma turned her on to it now she wont eat porkchops without it. Thanks :)

*NEW!* Stay current on what's cooking!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails