I mean, super, crazy, insane, taking on too much responsibility, need to learn to say no sometimes, busy.
So I haven't been cooking much at all. And I feel like I'm neglecting my blog and my blogger friends.
It occurred to me this morning as I was making my breakfast that not everything needs a recipe, and maybe I could just share some of my favorite non-recipe meal ideas with you all.
You know, in case you need inspiration for your busy days.
Because I know I can't be the ONLY one out there that has no time for kitchen detail.
Or am I?
Anyway, here are some of my favorites. Please leave a comment and tell me yours. I'm always looking for fresh ideas around here, too.
Breakfasts in a Hurry
- 1 cup Greek yogurt, mixed with a sliced banana and topped with 1/2 cup granola (store-bought or homemade)
- Banana, sliced in half the long way. Spread peanut butter on one of the cut sides. Top with the other half of the banana and press together gently to get the peanut butter to smoosh out the sides. Roll in chopped nuts.
- Toasted waffles (can be retoasted from homemade or store-bought) topped with almond butter and fruit spread, folded together for a PB&J wafflewitch
- Heat up some pork & beans and serve over toast.
- Instant oatmeal: If you pulse old fashioned oats in your food processor for a few seconds, you turn them into instant oats that can be prepared simply by adding hot water or milk. You can make up individual packages of these and flavor them as desired. Some ideas include brown sugar-cinnamon, vanilla (scrape a vanilla bean for this), peanut butter (look for dehydrated PB2 at your grocery store), and apple-cinnamon (using dried apple bits).
- fruit & yogurt: Serve fruit with vanilla yogurt to dip. Add some crushed cereal for topping.
- "Baked" apple: Core an apple. Fill the center with chopped nuts, a bit of cinnamon and sugar. Bake in the microwave until soft. Drizzle with vanilla yogurt for a quick sauce.
- Bagel with tomato and cheese. Toast a bagel. Add a slice of mozzarella and a slice of tomato. Fresh basil is delicious here.
- Pizza. One of the easiest breakfasts ever. Reheat a slice of pizza. Or, eat it cold.
- Leftover rice with milk and honey
- Smoothies. Blend yogurt with fruit, milk, and ice. No sweeteners needed!