Thursday, December 31, 2009

Day Zero

So...so...so... Tomorrow's the Big Day! Day One of my Year-long (hopefully life-long) adventure into ditching most packaged foods and most dining establishments! I went to the grocery store -- military commissary, on pay day. Hand over the Medal of Brave Shopping, please. Earned. I stocked up.

Except NO ONE has canned pumpkin OR sugar pumpkins on their shelves. Anywhere.

Luckily, I have a box of frozen squash that will substitute nicely for the pumpkin's intended purpose. Libby's wasn't kidding when they said there was a pumpkin shortage.

I found everything else I needed, including ingredients I don't normally buy (couscous, for one), because this year's also about trying new things and experimenting with recipes.

I'm ready to begin. See you tomorrow!

1 comment:

Kathy said...

What kind of a griddle are you talking about...a flat griddle or the George Foreman type with the lines?

*NEW!* Stay current on what's cooking!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails