One of the first things I do in the morning is come to my blog and check on comments. This morning, there were several waiting for me (I love it when you all comment and talk with me...keep it up!), including one from Angie at Angie's Healthy Living Blog. She stopped by to let me know that I'd won an award! What a great way to start my day! So thank you, Angie! I'm honored!
As usual per blogger awards, there are some guidelines, and that means I get to honor other bloggers with the award. I also have to tell you some things about myself. I'll try to tell you new things that I haven't shared before. I said try.
Here are my seven things:
- The only concert I've ever been to was a Christina Aguilera concert many, many years ago. To give you an idea of how long it's been, the tickets were complimentary and Destiny's Child opened for Christina. I was more impressed with Destiny's Child than Christina Aguilera. I'm pretty sure Aguilera was lip syncing the whole concert except one very throaty song.
- I'm nervous about sending my daughter to middle school next year. I don't know if every other mom feels the same way as me or not. But I am quite nervous about it. I'm going to get her a mobile phone on our plan so that she can call home when needed after school or whatever. Yep, the kids here are allowed to carry phones, they just can't use them during school.
- I don't know how to properly apply makeup to my own face. I see people with gorgeous eye liner applied, and wish I could look like them. But I don't know how. So I don't wear much makeup.
- I want to write a novel. I have a plot brewing in my head. :)
- I don't eat French fies often, but when I do, I dip them in either mayonnaise or a chocolate milkshake.
- I use 1/4 of the manufacturers' recommended amounts of dishwasher detergent and laundry detergent. My dishes and clothes come out very clean and fresh, and I save 75% of the cost!
- I have all sorts of nice equipment in my kitchen: a KitchenAid stand mixer, a Cuisenart food processor, Cutco knives...but I lack basic necessities such as a good sieve, a sifter, and pie wedge.
Now for the fun part: I get to give this award to other bloggers! Here are some fantastic blogger that I find very creative.
I'm going to try to award new blogs that I've not awarded in the past. To see even more blogs deserving of awards, check out my posts under the label "awards."
- Heather at Out of the Box Into the Kitchen for her delicious combinations of ingredients in her recipes.
- Anna at Anna Dishes for her bountiful use of fresh ingredients and colorful cuisine.
- Natalie at Natalie's Killer Cuisine for her photography!
- Amanda at Lunchbox Limbo for her creative lunches.
- Jennifer at Bankrupt Vegan. Just because I'm not vegan doesn't mean I can't enjoy her cooking! =)
- Liana at Tomatoes and Basil for her yummy Italian recipes.