Saturday, October 2, 2010

A Coffee House in Your House -- CSN Stores Review


The sound of the coffee grinder whirring. The smell of the freshly ground beans. The taste of custom brewed coffee. All of these are things I love about coffee houses. And now, thanks to CSN Stores, my house is my coffee house.

CSN graciously sent me this Cuisinart Supreme Grind Automatic Burr Mill for my review. I'll talk about it in just a second, but first, I want to talk to you about shopping with CSN.

CSN Stores is actually many stores, all rolled into one main site. You can shop for and find just about anything your heart desires. Want a chaise lounge to relax on with a good book? You got it. Looking to replace your flooring? CSN has you covered. Maybe you're in the market for a good set of knives, or some new cookware. CSN Stores has it all.

When shopping for my review item, I noticed a few things. First, that CSN's price was lower than the MSRP by a significant amount. Next, I noticed that CSN provides lots of key information that helps their customers make good shopping choices. Some of the information they provide is stuff I'd love to know, but never thought to ask. For example, they tell you how the item will ship, but also, they share with you how likely it is to arrive damaged (very rarely in this case). They tell you about the item's construction quality (their scale goes from economical to premium, with my mill being listed as premium). You can read the overall information, the dimensions, reviews, and more.

Shipping was a breeze. I received an email shortly after my order was placed letting me know that CSN was upgrading my shipping, at no charge to me, so that I would receive my item faster than anticipated.

The mill arrived in perfect condition and I was so excited to give it a try. I had never ground my own coffee before.

Using the mill was a breeze. I simply added coffee beans to the hopper, chose my custom grind (anywhere from fine to coarse, with lots of stops in between), and I turned it on. It's quiet for a coffee grinder and produced perfectly ground coffee without a hitch.

The flavor of freshly ground coffee can't be topped.

I highly recommend that coffee drinkers invest in a coffee mill. I'm fond of Cuisinart, and this machine has not let me down. I've been using it nearly daily for several weeks now and I am still just as excited to brew my fresh coffee as I was that first day when it arrived.

disclosure: I received the Cuisinart Supreme Grind Automatic Burr Mill for my review. No monetary or other compensation was provided, and all opinions are my own.

1 comment:

Andrea the Kitchen Witch said...

I have this grinder. I love it!! We've had it for over 2 years now, no problems at all. It consistently grinds perfect coffee. Burr grinders are WAY better for coffee too, they provide even grains and don't heat up the beans as it grinds, thus no alteration of flavors like traditional blade grinders. Excellent choice Michelle! And excellent review :)

*NEW!* Stay current on what's cooking!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails