Hello friends new & old! Here we are in the last full week of November. Can you believe it? I've been blogging here at All Home Cooking for almost a full year. I've been giving some thought as to what to do with this blog when the year comes to a close. My url says cook at home 2010...soon, it won't be 2010 anymore. I know that I won't be shutting the blog down. I'll still be cooking new things and sharing them with you. I just haven't decided what to do about the url just yet.
I've been sick! And busy! I am just getting over bronchitis (and when I get bronchitis, it's bad. I'm lucky if it doesn't settle in and make a nice little pneumonia out of itself).
My daughter (Bayberry) just turned twelve and we had a slumber party for her. I just saw my husband off for a few days-- he's gone to Texas for a meeting. And we got some very, very, very good news! Oh, and I have a personal blog now. I'd love for you to check it out. It's a good way to get to know the person behind the cookbook, if you're interested. :)
Anyway, this week brings more busyness with it. There's Thanksgiving to prepare for (don't forget to take your turkey out of the freezer!). And there's Black Friday. Are you done Christmas shopping? Have you even begun? I'm just about done. There are a couple of things left to purchase, but my bulk is done. I'll be staying home for Black Friday, thankyouverymuch.
Here's what the cooking looks like around here this week:
- fruit & yogurt smoothies
- eggs (with cheese, veggies, and/or breakfast sausage)
- English muffins with cream cheese and peach freezer jam
- discussed daily at 360 Lunch Boxes
- vegetarian split pea soup with garlic-cheese croutons and salad
- creamy chicken penne pasta
- black bean soup served with flour tortillas
- Thanksgiving dinner: turkey, cornbread dressing, corn pudding, mashed potatoes, gravy, cranberry sauce, sweet peas with pearl onions, honey-nut crunch sweet potatoes with cranberries, pumpkin yeast rolls, crustless pumpkin pie, apple crisp, pumpkin bread pudding, pumpkin mousse
- turkey a la king with pepper popovers
- meatloaf, oven fries, and veggies