Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Thanksgiving -- Day 3


I hope you've been enjoying my recipes so far. Today, I bring you a dessert that's both light and rich at the same time: Simple Pumpkin Mousse.

This won't be the last time I share a pumpkin recipe with you this week. My family loves pumpkin, and since it's an orange vegetable, I make as many dishes with it as I can all autumn and winter long. It's cost-effective, versatile, pretty to behold, and delicious. You can't get much better than that.

Simple Pumpkin Mousse, Two Ways
Traditional Method (Fat-Free, Low Sugar Method in parentheses)



What You Need:
  • 1 can pure pumpkin, 15 oz size (same)
  • 1 3/4 cups whipped heavy cream (16 oz fat-free Cool Whip)
  • 4-serving size instant pudding mix, white chocolate or similar flavor (use sugar-free, fat free)
  • 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice for garnish (same)
How it's Done:
  1. Blend pudding mix with pumpkin.
  2. Gently fold in whipped cream or Cool Whip.
  3. Store refrigerated until ready to serve.
  4. Before serving, sprinkle evenly with pumpkin pie spice.
I'm thankful for my ability to cook, which has blessed my family with nutrition and delicious-tasting meals, and has brought friends together, and has allowed me to share my passion with the world via this blog. What are you thankful for today?

7 comments:

Joy @ Joy Of Desserts said...

We love pumpkin too in our family. This recipe sounds so simple and tasty. I'm like you, so thankful that I can cook. It can be so much healthier than eating out or using too many frozen dinners, plus it saves money too.

Unknown said...

Oh, wow, Michelle...that looks fantastic and sounds so simple! I definitely need to add this to our menu this year! And I have to say, I'm thankful that I can cook too! When Chris and I met, he was only eating Banquet frozen dinners. I love that I was able to help him live a healthier eating lifestyle!

Unknown said...

I just noticed...the title says pumpkin mouse two ways, I only see one way??

Michelle said...

Jenn: Traditional Method (Fat-Free, Low Sugar Method in parentheses)

Yenta Mary said...

To look at how beautiful that dessert is, no one would ever guess how easy it was to make!

Unknown said...

Thanks Michelle, I was just blind the first time I looked at it :)

Already Happy said...

This looks so good! How do you freeze it?

*NEW!* Stay current on what's cooking!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails