I hope you've been enjoying my recipes so far. Today, I bring you a dessert that's both light and rich at the same time: Simple Pumpkin Mousse.
This won't be the last time I share a pumpkin recipe with you this week. My family loves pumpkin, and since it's an orange vegetable, I make as many dishes with it as I can all autumn and winter long. It's cost-effective, versatile, pretty to behold, and delicious. You can't get much better than that.
Simple Pumpkin Mousse, Two Ways
Traditional Method (Fat-Free, Low Sugar Method in parentheses)
What You Need:
- 1 can pure pumpkin, 15 oz size (same)
- 1 3/4 cups whipped heavy cream (16 oz fat-free Cool Whip)
- 4-serving size instant pudding mix, white chocolate or similar flavor (use sugar-free, fat free)
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice for garnish (same)
- Blend pudding mix with pumpkin.
- Gently fold in whipped cream or Cool Whip.
- Store refrigerated until ready to serve.
- Before serving, sprinkle evenly with pumpkin pie spice.