Here's a recipe for some yummy, healthier waffles to kick-start your Sunday. The cook up puffy, fluffy, and aromatic. Enjoy them with apple butter, honey, or maple syrup...or just by themselves.
What You Need:
- 2 cups flour (use all-purpose, whole wheat, or a combination of the two)
- 2 Tbsp sugar (you can actually omit this entirely if you'd like!)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- dash of sea salt
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup apple sauce
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- Preheat your waffle iron.
- Meanwhile, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and spices.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs with milk. Stir in applesauce.
- Combine dry ingredients and wet ingredients.
- Pour 1/3 cup batter onto a standard size waffle iron and cook as manufacturer suggests.