Think, think, think. Well, we consume at least 52 jars of peanut butter a year.
- My hands and fingers were very sore by the end of shelling the two pound bag.
- It took me over an hour, with help from my 11 year-old, to finish two pounds.
- The peanut butter we made was beyond delicious.
- We will make it again. And again. And again.
- So should you. At least once.
Homemade Peanut Butter
Makes about 2 jars' worth
What You Need:
- 2 lb roasted peanuts in their shells
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 2 Tbsp honey (optional)
- oil, added 1 Tbsp at a time, to reach desired consistency. We used 6 Tbsp oil.
How it's Done:
- First, do all the hard work of taking the nuts out of their shells and skins. Removing the skins is easy on roasted peanuts. You just sort of pinch them and out they come.
- Place peanuts, sea salt, and honey if using into your food processor. Turn on the processor.
- Add oil, a tablespoon at a time, until the peanut butter is the right texture. It takes several minutes.
- Store covered in the refrigerator.