I don't see how I'm going to get my kids to eat this.
It's not bad...it tastes like banana and coconut. But look at it. Look at it.
My goal is to get us all drinking some healthy smoothies regularly. This one isn't going to be one of the ones I offer my children. Look at it.
But if you're feeling brave, do try it. I made some modifications to the recipe that made it taste better. I like the taste. I'm sure the kids would like it as well. If it didn't look like...well...like it looks.
Weird Greenish-Brown Smoothie That Tastes Pretty Good
adapted from Squidoo Lens
What You Need:
- 7 oz coconut milk
- 5 oz flaked coconut (unsweetened)
- 1 large banana, peeled and broken into several pieces
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup ice cubes
- 1 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp each wheat germ and flax meal
- 1 1/2 cups raw kale
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and puree several minutes. Serve immediately. Be brave.