After several days of nothing new, I finally have a great new recipe to post. This one has been whirling around in my head for a while now, just waiting for the right name and the right weather. It uses leftover cooked chicken. A roasted chicken is perfect. I used leftovers from a home-cooked rotisserie lemon-pepper chicken.
Harvest Chicken Salad
What You Need:
- 2 cups cooked chicken, chopped roughly
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries or cherries
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 2 green onions, diced
- 1/2 of a large green apple (tart), diced (for color and texture, I leave the peel on)
- the juice of 1/2 a lemon
- a dash of salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- Simple: combine everything. Stir it up and serve on bread or with crackers. Store in the fridge tightly covered.