As you all know, I started Weight Watchers last week. I had a tremendously successful week! I went to my 2nd meeting today, and weighed in 5.6 pounds lighter! I feel wonderful about it! If you're unfamiliar with Weight Watchers, and all you see are the products for sale in the supermarket, you might think Weight Watchers stresses the use of packaged foods. Nothing could be further from the truth. I am so pleased with the program. It fits in perfectly with my family's lifestyle. I made this for lunch today and it's delicious, low-fat, and very filling. Plus, it's minimally processed -- just my style. Oh, did I mention that it took me about five minutes to put together?
Mexican Pizza Bagels
Per serving, you will need:
- 1 Bagel Thin (or Sandwich Thin)
- 1/2 cup "refried" black beans (cook 'em without fat and smash the leftovers!)
- 1/4 cup chopped raw onion
- 2 Tbsp salsa
- 1/3 cup shredded cheese made with 2% milk (I used a Mexican blend)
- 2 Tbsp low-fat sour cream
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees (if I had a toaster oven, I would have used it instead!).
- Toast the bagel thin. While it's toasting, warm up your beans.
- Top the bagel thin with the beans, then salsa, then onions, then cheese.
- Stick it in the oven for 3 or 4 minutes -- you just want the cheese to melt a bit and the food to heat through.
- Top with sour cream and enjoy!