My daughter got braces at the end of April. Everyone told us that she would be sore for days after they put on the braces. She needed Tylenol once, and then she was fine.
And then we had to go back so that the orthodontist could install her palate expander. And we came home. And she was sore.
Healthy Peanut Butter & Chocolate Pancakes (No, really. They're healthy!)
- 2 1/2 cups flour (I used equal amounts of whole wheat, white, and soy)
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 3 cups of milk (almond, soy, rice, cow, goat, you choose!)
- 2 eggs (I used Ener-G egg replacer though)
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter melted with 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- Preheat your griddle or skillet.
- Stir together the dry ingredients, then incorporate the wet ingredients.
- Put melted peanut butter and coconut oil (mixture will be thick, like frosting) in a piping bag or a plastic baggie which you've snipped the corner off of.
- Pour batter by 1/3 cupfuls onto griddle or skillet.
- Make a design on each pancake using the piping bag.
- Flip after 2 minutes, and cook another minute or so.