The Hubs got a nummy lunch yesterday. See, it's low carbing right now, so most of his meals are Hunk O' Meat and Raw Salad Vegetables or Egg with or without Meat, Cheese, and Veggies. BORING.
I surprised him with some chicken wings yesterday for lunch. They were really easy to make, low-cost, low-carb, and he loved them.
Amounts shown are for 18 wings
- chicken wings (rinsed and patted dry)
- oil for deep frying
- 1/2 cup hot sauce
- 1/2 cup butter
- This is so easy if you have a deep fryer. We just happened to score one for cheap at a yard sale a few weeks ago. Heat the oil to 375 degrees.
- Cook wings for 14 minutes or until cooked through. They will be nice and crispy.
- While the wings are cooking, combine melted butter and hot sauce in a large bowl.
- As the wings finish cooking, drop them into the sauce. Stir them around in the sauce so that they get coated nicely.