Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Groceries for March

I feel really good about my household spending for the month of March. I made two trips to the grocery store. One more trip mid-month for roughly $60 will see us through the month. Here's what I bought, with my totals at the bottom:

  • marshmallow fluff
  • sodas for Husband and I at checkstand
  • graham cracker pie crust
  • 2 large cans of yams
  • Tang drink mix. I couldn't resist.
  • gallon of pickles (I need to be making my own!)
  • can of creamed corn
  • ground cinnamon
  • rolled oats
  • 3 cans of diced tomatoes
  • 2 cans of navy beans
  • spaghetti
  • rice
  • apple juice
  • peanut butter
  • penne pasta
  • 2 cans of corn
  • 2 cans of black beans
  • 5# unbleached flour
  • corn syrup
  • peanut oil
  • fresh tomatoes
  • 2 packages of tortillas
  • yellow rice
  • peppermint extract
  • huge bag of chocolate chips
  • dried pinto beans
  • Fuze drinks
  • cake mix!
  • 2 cans of evaporated milk
  • 2 bags of dried figs
  • pecans
  • a can of refried beans
  • fettuccine
  • unsweetened cocoa powder
  • granulated sugar
  • diet Coke (weakness!)
  • taco sauce
  • bouillon granules
  • RockStar energy drinks for Husband
  • pumpkin
  • white corn meal
  • a roll of paper towels
  • skim milk
  • large carton of vanilla yogurt
  • sour cream
  • 6 pounds of sharp cheddar cheese
  • 4 pounds salted sweet cream butter
  • 2 - 18 packs of large eggs
  • whipping cream
  • American cheese
  • cream cheese
  • Parmesan cheese
  • frozen peaches (2 bags)
  • buttermilk
  • frozen raspberries
  • frozen stir-fry vegetables
  • ice cream
  • popsicles
  • pork sausage
  • Italian sausage
  • bacon
  • pita pockets
  • pumpernickel bread
  • hamburger buns
  • buttermilk bread
  • stuffing mix
  • hushpuppy mix
  • 5 pounds lean ground beef
  • ground pork
  • steaks
  • babyback ribs
  • yellow potatoes
  • red potatoes
  • green onions
  • lettuce
  • cabbage
  • onions
Total this trip: $222.83

Second trip for more items:
  • more Diet Coke
  • Gatorade for Husband
  • Bottled water for Husband
  • deli sliced meats: baloney and ham
  • more pita pockets
  • Girl Stuff
  • Bar Soap
  • grapes
  • apples
  • mushrooms
  • tomatoes
Total for this trip: $48.65

Total for both trips: $271.48

With my $60 allowance for a mid-month freshen-up, my March total will be roughly $331.48! Not too shabby!

4 comments:

Andrea the Kitchen Witch said...

Very impressive! I love reading your shopping posts - you get some incredible deals I'm totally jealous!

Risa said...

you rocked it! Way to go

MakeMineCadburys said...

I have two money saving suggestions based on your list: 1) purchase reusable water bottles. 2) purchase a water filtration system. You would have saved the price of two sodas for you & DH at the check-stand AND your hubby could use refillable water bottles instead of purchasing a case of water and then throwing away (or, more likely, recycling) all those bottles. :)

Michelle said...

You're absolutely right. My daughters and I do use stainless steel water bottles. My husband uses the plastic. I haven't been able to convert him yet. :(

*NEW!* Stay current on what's cooking!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails