Monday, March 1, 2010

Menu Plan Monday 3/1 - 3/7

Good Morning, and Happy March 1st! When I was a kid in New England, the notion that March comes in like a lion and goes out like a lamb always held true. I guess it holds true for Georgia, too, because we're expecting nasty weather midweek, but by the end of our ten-day forecast, we'll see upper 60s for highs. I'm looking forward to seeing the trees blossom, the grass turning green again, and starting a small vegetable garden on my patio.

We have no major events happening this week. Soccer practice Monday and Wednesday dictate easy meals, but that's all. I'll be doing some baking this week, as usual, and on Sunday, I'll end the week on a high note. I have a whole Southern cuisine menu planned for every Sunday this month, in honor of my current home.

Here's what's cooking at my house this week. Please come back all week for the recipes (many of which are my own original creations) and pictures. And for more menu inspirations, visit I'm an Organizing Junkie.

Breakfasts:
Lunches will be leftovers for adults and packed lunches for kids.

Dinners:
  • Meatless Monday: Bean & Cheese Quesadillas, Spanish Rice, and Refried Beans
  • Tuesday: Penne with Italian Sausage and Creamy Tomato Basil sauce
  • Crock Pot Wednesday: Crock Pot Meatloaf and Crock Pot Twice Baked Potato Casserole
  • Thursday: Chicken Kiev, Rice, and Salad
  • Cookie Friday: leftovers for dinner. Cookie of the Week: Faux-Reos
  • Saturday: Red Beans and Rice with Sausage, Corn Bread, and Greens
  • Southern Cooking Sunday: BBQ Pork Ribs, Potato Salad, Baked Beans, Iced Tea, Hushpuppies, and Peach Pie with Ice Cream
Planned Baking:

2 comments:

Out of the Box into the Kitchen said...

the gingersnap oatmeal sounds great!

Carrie said...

Happy Monday to you. Your weekly menu sounds great.

*NEW!* Stay current on what's cooking!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails