Sunday, February 28, 2010

Fruit and Yogurt Parfait & What's Going on in March


Day 59.

I'm so excited about what I have planned for the month of March! I was feeling rather organized while I was making out my menu plan and shopping list, so I made lists within the lists. I decided that Sundays in March are going to be Southern Cooking Sundays, where I'll feature full, traditional Southern menus, and that Mondays would be Meatless Mondays (as an act of contrition for the luscious Southern foods consumed on Sunday). I'll continue with slow cooker meals on Wednesdays. And here's my favorite part: Each Friday, I'll be featuring a home-made knock-off of some of our favorite American cookies!

I hope you'll come back every day, and bring your friends, too! :)

Fruit and Yogurt Parfait

Ingredients:
  • vanilla yogurt
  • cereal (I used Post Toasties O's, but granola or any cereal you like will work well here)
  • fruit (I used frozen raspberries)
  • honey (optional, but adds a nice dimension)
How it's Done:
  • Layer yogurt, berries, and cereal in a pretty glass or clear bowl, ending with fruit and cereal. Drizzle honey on top. Serve.

1 comment:

megan said...

wow, sounds like you have a great plan! I love all of it...southern, meatless, slow cooker...I can't wait to see what recipes you come up with!

*NEW!* Stay current on what's cooking!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails