Monday, February 8, 2010

I'm Not Martha




Day 39.

I am blog-crazy! I started another one to chronicle my efforts to be as handy around the house as Martha Stewart. Have you ever watched her show? She's Super Woman! She can do ANYTHING with a few simple items found around the house. I envy her raw talent. Or her writers. One of those two. I'm not sure which.

Anyway, I always have all these grand schemes to make things. Right now I'm collecting denim to create an oval, room-sized denim rug. My first braided rug. Ever. And I choose to start with room size. I have Martha envy. She could probably pop one out in an afternoon. Between tea party and dinner party, of course.

I found this recipe on her site. I couldn't leave it alone, though. I tweaked it to my liking. I like how mine came out. I think I even topped Martha on this one. Dare I even write that? ;)
Sausage & Peppers Linguine (adapted from Martha Stewart's Linguine with Turkey Sausage and Peppers)
serves 6
Ingredients:
  • about 1 lb smoked turkey sausage (mine was Luis Rich and was 14 oz)
  • 1 lb linguine pasta
  • 3 bell peppers: all different colors (I used green, orange, and yellow)
  • 3 Tbsp minced garlic
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • handful of arugula
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • shredded Parmesan cheese to serve

How it's Done:

  1. Start your water boiling for the linguine.
  2. Cut your sausage into little pieces. I sliced the sausage in half lengthwise, then diced those pieces into 1/4" thick pieces. Cook in 1/4 cup of butter for five minutes.
  3. Meanwhile, slice your peppers into 1/2" wide ribbons. Add to sausage.
  4. Boil the linguine.
  5. In the last two minutes, add the garlic and arugula and 1/4 cup butter & 1/4 cup water. Cook and stir.
  6. Serve over linguine. I topped my dishes with raw arugula and shredded Parmesan cheese and served the dish with some rustic garlic bread.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love Martha.. she really can do some amazing things!! Good luck with your new blog!

*NEW!* Stay current on what's cooking!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails