Monday, February 15, 2010

Menu Plan Monday


Many people dread Mondays. I've never shared that dread. I love Monday mornings. They're a new start. A fresh week. And they're menu planning days! I hope you'll come back for my recipes each day this week, and I encourage you to visit I'm an Organizing Junkie for roughly 300 more menu plans.
Here's this week's plan:
Breakfasts:
  • bagels from scratch
  • huevos rancheros
  • butter pecan waffles
  • other days will be oat bran hot cereal, oatmeal, cream of wheat, or scrambled eggs

Lunches:

  • All lunches this week will be leftovers from other meals for adults.
  • For children, packed school lunches will include sandwiches, fruit, carrots & ranch, cookies, and juice.

Dinners (I plan this menu a month in advance, so this is tentative. It depends on last minute schedule changes, appointments, and whims. I will get to every dinner item in the month of February, but here's what I have planned for the week ahead):

  • Honey-Nut Chicken over vanilla rice, with gingerbread men for dessert
  • (something I meant to get to twice this month already) chicken nuggets (homemade) with Alton Brown's mac & cheese
  • Chicken Noodle Soup and Garlic Bread Sticks
  • Beef-Barley Stew and corn muffins
  • Mini Meatloaves and Twice-Baked Potatoes
  • Red Beans & Rice, Cornbread, and Turnip Greens
  • Lentil-Rice Tacos

Planned Snacks and Desserts:

  • New York Style Cheesecake
  • Cinnamon-Sugar Soft Pretzels

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is my first time visiting; found you from Org Junkie.

Your menu sounds fabulous, when should I be there for meals? : )

Take Care,

Trixie

Andrea the Kitchen Witch said...

I wanna come eat at your house!

Michelle said...

You should both show up sometime between morning and night and chances are in your favor that something will be cooking at my house. :) Welcome, Trixie! I hope you'll keep visiting! :)

Michelle said...

wow! You are my hero...bagels from scratch? I was proud of myself for getting to pizza dough from scratch. LOL Baby steps, right?

Michelle said...

You can do it, too! Come back later in the week and I will give you step-by-step directions with pictures. It was a success the first time I tried it. It doesn't take as long as it sounds and it's so worth the effort. They're YUMMY!! =D

Michelle said...

There was a comment from Amy here but blogger seems to have eaten it. I'm sorry Amy -- and welcome! Glad to have you as a reader. :o)

Amy said...

No problem! I'm glad to be here! :)

*NEW!* Stay current on what's cooking!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails