- a whole cooked chicken, which I had stored in the fridge a couple days ago, intending to cut up and use in several recipes. I finally cut it up this morning and it's ready for about 4 recipes.
- a package of bacon. Yeah, this stuff lasts a long time, but it's begging to be used Right Now.
- cheese. Not in need of being used up before an expiration date, but I needed a reason to get it shredded.
- sour cream and mayonnaise and chives. For the dressing.
- bagged salad and some arugula.
It was pretty obvious what I needed to do. I needed to make a salad with chicken and bacon and ranch dressing. So here it is.
Chicken Bacon Ranch Salad
servings depend on amount of ingredients used.
- cooked chicken (diced into bite sized pieces)
- cooked bacon (2 strips per person ought to do it)
- shredded cheese (I used cheddar)
- lettuce/greens for salad (about 2 cups per person)
- ranch dressing (recipe follows)
How it's Done:
- Simple! Place greens on a plate. Toss chicken with ranch dressing. Put chicken and bacon on bed of greens. Top with cheese. Serve with more dressing on the side. Tomatoes and onions are optional add-ins.
Homemade Buttermilk Ranch Dressing:
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 tbsp finely minced chives
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tsp dried dill
- 1/2 tsp freshly cracked black pepper
How it's Done:
- Whisk all ingredients together. Store in the fridge, tightly covered.