Monday, February 22, 2010

Menu Plan Monday 2/22 - 2/28


It's another Monday! It definitely feels like a Monday. I'm sleepy today because a big thunderstorm woke me up hours before my alarm had the chance to sound. After spending the evening in the emergency room last night, my Monday routine was thrown off course. Normally, I prepare outfits and pack lunches at night, as well as gathering library books and signing folders. I did all of that this morning instead. I'm thankful for the leftover Butter Pecan Waffles I had stowed away in the freezer for a busy morning!
This week presents minor challenges for me. First, my husband is in school all week, making his days longer. Also, we have soccer practice on Monday and Wednesday. Soccer practice is from 5:30 to 6:30 -- dinnertime. I'll need quick meals or slow cooker meals for those days. And finally, we've got a trip to Atlanta on Saturday to help my sister move. Breakfast will need to be in the car, and we'd do well to pack a lunch, too.
Here's what I've got planned for the week:
Breakfasts:
  • Huevos Rancheros
  • Baked Eggs in Ramekins
  • Baked Apple Pancake
  • English Muffins from scratch!!
  • Bagels & cream cheese
  • Peanut Butter & Jelly Oatmeal Bars
  • Butter-Pecan Waffles
Lunches:
  • French Onion Soup
  • Make Your Own Lunchables-style Pizzas
  • Red Beans & Rice
  • Chicken Noodle Soup
  • all other days will be leftovers for adults; lunchboxes for kids (sandwiches, hard-boiled eggs, cheese, milk, juice, carrot sticks, apple sauce, home-baked goods, soup, bagels, and popcorn are typical in a week)
Dinners:
  • Chicken Divan
  • Honey-Nut Chicken over Vanilla Rice (planned last week but never got to)
  • Beef & Bean Burritos
  • Barbecue Ribs, Red Potatoes & Green Beans, and Biscuits
  • Cheesy Chicken over Rice
  • Biscuits with Hamburger Gravy
  • Black Bean Burgers, Salad, and Fresh Fruit
Planned Baking:
  • Blueberry Coffee Cake
  • Vanilla Almond Biscotti
  • Flower Pot Cupcakes
  • Lemon Quick Bread
  • Gingerbread Men
  • Rice Pudding

Extras:

  • Make Your Own Frappucinos!

For more menu plans to spark your creative juices, visit I'm an Organizing Junkie. And come back here daily to see delicious recipes and detailed photography. Happy Cooking!

No comments:

*NEW!* Stay current on what's cooking!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails