Thursday, February 4, 2010

Lemon Garlic Scallops




Day 35.




My mouth is still healing from oral surgery, and I can't really eat anything with texture, so I'm taking this opportunity to cook some special things for my husband. I don't like any seafood at all, but he does. Since I'm the one who does the planning, shopping, and cooking, we might have seafood (that doesn't come from a tuna can) once a year or so. I decided to surprise him with some scallops. As I type, he's happily munching away on his scallops and I'm waiting for my pain meds to kick in so I can have some applesauce and milk. :)




Pan-Fried Lemon Garlic Scallops
serves 2
Ingredients:
  • 1 lb fresh sea scallops
  • 2 Tbsp salted sweet cream butter
  • fresh thyme to taste
  • 2 garlic cloves, minced
  • a splash of white wine
  • the juice of 1/2 a lemon
  • sea salt & freshly cracked black pepper to taste

How it's Done:

  1. Melt the butter in your saute pan over medium heat (if using stainless steel. If using nonstick, you might need higher heat). Add thyme and garlic.
  2. Add scallops. Sear them in the butter. Don't turn them over until they've been cooking about 5 minutes.
  3. Turn them over and let them cook another 3 minutes or so. Add a splash (maybe a 1/4 cup. Sorry, I didn't measure) of white wine and squeeze 1/2 a lemon onto the scallops. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Scrape bottom of pan to deglaze.
  4. Serve over pasta if desired. I served this dish over linguine. I added butter, parsley, and garlic to the linguine.


3 comments:

Andrea the Kitchen Witch said...

Fantastic color on the scallops, I want to try them now! Hope your mouth feels better soon o you can enjoy your tasty creations :)

Michelle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michelle said...

Thanks Andrea. Me too. The dentist says it takes about a week. It's been five days. I am still achey and sore.

*NEW!* Stay current on what's cooking!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails