Sorry, I couldn't resist. For tonight's dinner, a little lamb. Lamb chop, that is. With mint sauce and roasted red potatoes with thyme. It sounds complicated, but it's really not! This is another one of those Super Secret Impressive Meals that makes it seem like you threw in tons of effort but it goes together in minutes. And it really is impressive. I mean, it's lamb! With fresh mint! Save this recipe in your back pocket for a day when you need to impress someone, like the mother-in-law, or a new beau, or your friends. Or just use it when you feel like being Super Cool Chef Who Isn't Afraid To Try New Things. ;)
Minted Pan-Seared Lamb Chops
- 6 smallish lamb chops
- a handful of fresh mint, chopped
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup water
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- olive oil
How it's Done:
- In a small pan, combine mint, sugar, wine, and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until lamb is ready.
- Meanwhile, preheat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Brush chops with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Sear chops 2 minutes per side. They're served pretty rare. Move to plate.
- Serve immediately, topped with mint sauce.