Some ooey-gooey loveliness reminiscent of a campground favorite.
For the crust:
- 15 graham cracker sheets
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup melted butter
For the dark chocolate brownie filling:
- 2 cups of melted butter (yes, 2 full cups)
- 1 cup of cocoa powder (dutch process/dark cocoa is best)
- 2 1/2 cups of granulated sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 1 Tbsp pure vanilla extract (make your own!)
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
For the topping:
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
How it's Done:
- Line a 9x11" baking dish with aluminum foil. Spray well with non-stick cooking spray. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- While the butter is melting, turn your graham crackers into crumbs. Blend in the 1/4 cup sugar and then the 1/4 cup melted butter. Press into the bottom of the foil-lined pan. Set aside.
- To the melted 2 cups of butter, add the cocoa powder and the 2 1/2 cups granulated sugar. Add in the eggs, one at a time, beating well between additions. Stir in the vanilla extract and salt. Fold in the flour. Stir only as long as necessary to combine. Pour brownie batter over graham crust.
- Bake 35 minutes or until almost set in the middle. Remove from oven.
- Immediately top with chocolate chips then marshmallows. Set the pan under the broiler and broil a couple minutes until marshmallows are toasted lightly brown.
- Using the foil "handles," remove the brownies from the pan. Cut into squares and serve warm.