Monday, February 22, 2010

Yesterday, a Toe. Today, a Finger.

Day 53.

Did you read my post yesterday? My Little One hurt her toe. Today, my Big Kid was playing basketball in gym class and hurt her finger. It's all swollen and mildly bruised and mildly painful. I'm giving it overnight before I take her to the doctor, because it may not be broken. We'll see what it does overnight. It may just be "jammed."

Soccer practice was cancelled today due to squishy, muddy fields. We had an awesome thunderstorm early this morning that's to blame. However, since it was soccer day, I had a quick and simple meal planned, and I stuck with my plan. That's rare for me.




Simple Beef & Bean Burritos
serves 6


Ingredients:

  • 1 lb lean ground beef

  • 1/2 a large onion, diced

  • 1/2 a green bell pepper, diced

  • 1 Tbsp vegetable oil

  • 1 packet taco seasoning

  • 1/4 cup taco sauce

  • 1/4 cup water

  • 2 cans beans, rinsed and drained (any will do. We used white beans today because that's what I had on hand)

  • tortillas

  • shredded cheddar cheese


How it's Done:

  1. In a skillet, heat oil. Fry onion and pepper until they begin to soften.

  2. Add ground beef. Cook until the beef is no longer pink, mashing it into small bits as you go.

  3. Drain if you have extra fat. I use the very lean ground beef and do not drain it. Return to skillet.
    Add water, taco seasoning, beans, and taco sauce. Cook and stir 2 minutes. Remove from heat.

  4. Serve filling on tortillas with shredded cheese.

2 comments:

Andrea the Kitchen Witch said...

Burritos are so good, and your look delicious! Sorry everyone in your house seems to be hurting themselves!

Mandy Bird said...

This looks so good. I just want to take a bite!

*NEW!* Stay current on what's cooking!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails