Meatless Mondays in our house are upheld this month as an act of contrition toward our bodies for the overly decadent foods we consumed on Southern Cookin' Sunday. To be kind to our overtaxed bodies, laden heavily with butter, salt, cream, and mayonnaise, we're opting for a meatless day today. Won't you join us?
Black Beans and Yellow Rice with an Egg
- 1 package (5 servings size) saffron yellow rice and seasonings mix
- 2 cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup taco sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 a large onion, diced
- 5 large eggs
- 2 Tbsp butter
- optional for serving: sour cream, shredded cheese, green onions, salsa, and tortillas
- Prepare yellow rice according to package directions.
- While rice is cooking, place beans, taco sauce, galic, and onion in a sauce pan. Simmer while rice cooks.
- Fry eggs.