Today, I made another Southern Cookin' Menu. On today's plate: Chicken Fried Chicken (LoL), Lima Beans & Corn, Southern Style Biscuits, and Sweet Potato Pie for dessert!
Here are some recipes...
Chicken Fried Chicken (Why do they call it that? Wouldn't Fried Chicken do it?)
- 2 1/5 lb chicken (I used boneless, skinless breasts)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- peanut oil for deep frying
- Heat oil in a large skillet with high sides over medium heat.
- Meanwhile, combine flour, salt, and pepper in a pie plate. In another pie plate, combine beaten eggs and milk.
- Dip chicken in flour, then egg, then flour, then egg, then flour and egg again. THREE dips each dish.
- Fry 8 to 10 minutes, then flip chicken and fry another 8 to 10 minutes.
- Serve with gravy if desired.
Sweet Potato Pie
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 2 cups cooked, mashed sweet potato
- 1 can evaporated (PET) milk
- pie crust for a single crust pie
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a deep dish pie plate with your crust. Set aside.
- In your food processor, combine eggs, butter, vanilla, sugar, cinnamon, and ginger. Add sweet ptoatoes. Process until smooth.
- With food processor running, slowly add milk.
- Pour into pie crust.
- Bake for 45 to 60 minutes, until almost set. Let pie cool completely before serving.