I'm so happy that we're at the end of August! Time seems to be flying by. My kids have already been in school 3 weeks. It's almost September, which brings with it weather that's a tiny bit cooler. Then, there's October, which brings with it my wedding anniversary and Halloween, and cooler weather still. And before we can blink, it'll be November, with Thanksgiving and the newest Harry Potter movie (so excited about this!), and Christmas will sneak up on us, and we'll be back to New Year's Day!
So what will that mean for cookathome2010.blogspot.com? We'll have some changes, but it will all be for the better. Anyway, I'll talk about that when the time draws nearer.
Three exciting things coming this week: two reviews and a giveaway! Stay tuned for details on those.
We really enjoyed these foods last week:
Here's what I'm planning to cook this week (and Monday of next week):
- Something with two gigantic Porterhouse steaks. I'd like to do something new with them, rather than the same delicious grilled steaks we usually do. This is the only meat meal we'll have all week.
- Lentil Sloppy Joes on homemade rolls
- Black Bean Burgers, also on homemade rolls
- Rice & Vegetables with Gravy
- Pintos & Rice. Possibly with cornbread.
- 2 nights of leftovers, to use up whatever's needing to be eaten.
- green beans
- corn on the cob
- several varieties of bread
- sugar-free coconut macaroons
- honey popovers
- muffins of some sort
Breakfasts: pancakes, waffles, oatmeal, fruit, eggs, and juice