Monday, August 2, 2010

Menu Plan Monday

Good Monday Morning to you! What do you have planned this week? School starts this week for us. We're all done school shopping. My brand new middle schooler has her uniforms. My brand new second grader has her cute outfits. All the supplies are marked with names. Hair is freshly trimmed. Eyesight is checked (and Picky Eater is now in glasses). Lunch boxes are ready to go. You can check out our daily lunches at my new blog, 360 Lunch Boxes.

Here's what our week looks like:

Monday:

Breakfast: grits & orange juice

Lunch: husband - bacon, lettuce, and cheese wrap; cream cheese on celery; nuts; iced tea / kids & me - baked potatoes loaded with toppings

Dinner: Marinated Portobellos, Cheesy Orzo, and Glazed Roasted Vegetables

Tuesday:

Breakfast: pop tarts & orange juice

Lunch: Husband - Tuna Salad; Hard-Boiled Egg; Iced Tea / Kids & me - ?
Dinner: Soybean Burgers & Fries

Wednesday:

Breakfast: oatmeal & orange juice

Lunch: Husband - Tuna Salad; Hard-Boiled Egg; Iced Tea / Kids & Me - Grilled Cheese & Minestrone Soup

Dinner: Chili Bean Burritos

Thursday:

Breakfast: Egg & toast

Lunch: Husband - Egg Salad stuffed into peppers; Celery with Ranch to dip; Pickle; Iced Tea / Kids & Me - Leftovers

Dinner: Pizza

Friday:

Breakfast: apple pancakes

Lunch: Kids - ? / Me - Vegetable-Stuffed Baked Onion / Husband - Shrimp salad in a wrap; Pickle; Apple; Iced Tea

Dinner: Black Bean Burgers, Sweet Potato Fries, and Pickled Cukes with Onions

Dessert: Surprise for kids since it's the first day of school! Honey Cake

Saturday:

Breakfast: Danish pastry

Lunch: Hasselback Potatoes

Dinner: Sofrito Americano Pink Beans & Cornbread

Dessert: Cream Puffs

Sunday:

Breakfast: waffles

Lunch: Homemade Spaghetti-Os

Dinner: Beef Burgundy with Butter & Parsley Noodles


Other things I am making this week:
  • Fairy Wands
  • Taco Muffins
  • Meatloaf Muffins
  • Blueberry Cornbread
  • Apple-Carrot Cupcakes with Honey-Butter Frosting
  • Peanut Butter & Jelly Biscuits
  • Pizza Shells
  • English Muffins
  • Egg Bread
  • Amish Friendship Bread
For more menu plans, visit orgjunkie.com. See you throughout the week for recipes!

8 comments:

Anna C. said...

This is a very personalized menu listing,clever idea, I can't wait for your Taco Muffins recipe!

skr said...

Wow.. I am impressed.. I think Im going to try doing this! Thanks for the idea ;]

Sharlene T. said...

With my little ones all grown up, I don't have to be so precise in my menu planning for the week; but, I am definitely making the Amish friendship bread... school hasn't started in my neck of the woods yet and the stores are filled with young mothers checking out school supplies... come visit when you can and you should have plenty of time now that school has started...


Twitter: SolarChief

Olivia said...

I am so going to try those home made pop tarts! Wow, they look yummy!
You are invited to Of Such is the Kingdom's first birthday bash! Come over for prizes and a look back at some of the first OSITK posts!
suchakingdom.blogspot.com

FoodontheTable said...

Homemade spaghetti-os look super fun! You have a great week planned.

Abby said...

I'm always amazed by people who can plan everything out so well! I'm an organized gal but still can't get that one down pat. Gonna have to try those homemade spaghetti-o's!

Kim said...

I looked at your menu today and didn't get past the homemade pop tarts...found the link and made them. The kids devoured them. Note to self: next time at least double the recipe!
Thanks for the great menu ideas. Can you post the taco muffin recipe one day? I hope I can adapt it for my food allergic kiddos!

In The Kitchen With AUdrey said...

We love meat loaf muffins and make them often. I love that they freeze well so I can serve a homemade meal one serving at a time. Great menu.

*NEW!* Stay current on what's cooking!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails