Sunday, August 8, 2010

Where's YOUR Smoothie 'Stache?

We love smoothies around here. They offer an opportunity to get healthful foods into a squirming, picky eater in very little time, with great taste. This one, like all the smoothies I've posted so far, is Picky Eater approved. Okay, well, maybe there was one smoothie she didn't like. But she loves this one. Just check out her smoothie 'stache.

Chocolate-Covered Cherry Smoothie
Makes 2 servings

What You Need:
  • 2 cups frozen sweet cherries
  • 1 cup milk
  • 3 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 2 Tbsp honey, sugar, maple syrup, or agave nectar
How it's Done:
  1. Whirl all the ingredients in your blender for a couple minutes, until smooth and thick. Pour into tall glasses and serve.

6 comments:

Andrea the Kitchen Witch said...

YUM! I have all that available to me, too, as we speak :) I think we'll have choco cherry smoothies with our lunch today!

Lacey said...

My 2 yr old calls them "fluzies" and her "muttstache".

We laugh everytime :)

Unknown said...

Yum! I don't have cherries, but I have everything else, plus bananas. Guess what I'm having for lunch? :)

lisa9999 said...

We had black forest berries and vanilla yogurt smoothies last week. They were a hit!!

Unknown said...

Looks delicious! Love the mustache picture!!

Out of the Box into the Kitchen said...

tasty! i was playing around with the idea of a choc. covered strawberry one!

*NEW!* Stay current on what's cooking!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails