If there is a cooking technique or a recipe or an ingredient you'd like to see me play around with here, please leave a comment and let me know. I love trying new things and would appreciate suggestions.
Now, on to dinner.
Stuffed chicken really isn't difficult to pull off, and it has an impressive presentation. This recipe is very rich, so I'd recommend pairing it with light sides.
Cheesy Pesto-Stuffed Chicken
6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 cup pesto (homemade or store-bought)
1/4 cup sour cream or yogurt
1/4 cup shredded cheese (mozzarella is a good choice)
1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1/4 tsp each salt and pepper
1 cup Panko bread crumbs
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 eggs, beaten
How it's Done:
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Lightly coat a baking dish with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- Pound chicken breasts to a 1/4" thickness. I do this between pieces of plastic wrap with a meat mallet. Hit gently so the chicken doesn't break apart!
- In a medium bowl, combine pesto, sour cream or yogurt, shredded mozzarella (or other cheese), and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese. Mix well.
- In another bowl, combine bread crumbs, flour, salt, pepper, and grated Parmesan cheese. Mix well.
- Divide the pesto mixture between the 6 flattened chicken breasts. Roll each up jelly roll style. Dip into egg then bread crumbs. Place in baking dish. Continue until all the chicken is rolled and covered.
- Cover dish with foil. Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake an additional 20 minutes.