It's important, when menu planning, to be prepared for the occasional schedule upset and be willing and able to improvise. Today's intended dinner went out the window due to a very busy shopping afternoon. I bought myself a new pilates set and boxing gloves and a tripod for my camera. Yep. I'm excited!
All that shopping works up an appetite. When you come in late, you need something you can get on the table quickly and without fuss. You can do that without serving something boring!
makes about 8 large soft tacos
- 1 lb ground beef or turkey
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1 can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 4 oz cream cheese
- taco shells (hard or soft)
- optional toppings: sour cream, salsa, cheese, chopped tomatoes, lettuce, green onion, olives
How it's Done:
- Brown and drain your ground beef or turkey. Add your undrained can of diced tomatoes and green chilies and your package of taco seasoning. Cook 5 minutes on medium heat. Add cream cheese and reduce heat to low, stirring frequently, until cream cheese is melted.
- Serve on warmed taco shells with desired toppings.
Easy as taco pie. :)