Thursday, January 28, 2010

Picture Me Blushing


I'm so honored! An award? For my brand new baby blog? How humbling! I'd like to thank my friend @ I am NOT a Volcano for this award. I'm touched. :*) She always has some ego-boosting compliment to lay on me for my recipes. I really appreciate her comments and would like her to know how much she's helped boost my blogging confidence. Before December, I knew very little about blogging. I just had an idea to put up some recipes and strive to make everything from scratch. Not a Volcano, you really have given me the boost I needed this month. I hope you will continue to visit. :)
Seven Interesting Things About Me
  1. I'm addicted to kitchen gadgets. If I could, I think I'd own every single one ever made. Just to experience it. I want all the pots, all the pans, all the bake ware and cookware and tools and small appliances and do-dads there are. And they're all on my Amazon Wish List. Hey! It's a WISH list. ;)
  2. I'm afraid of the Boogie Man. When I watch a scary movie (which I love, especially the older ones), I have to be under a blanket. The closet door must be closed securely. And my husband must be right next to me, prepared to cuddle me at intense moments.
  3. I can put together a delicious and beautiful recipe easily, but don't ask me to decorate my house or my body. I have no interior design or fashion sense, whatsoever.
  4. It's more important to me that the baseboards are clean than the toys are put away. Dirty baseboards bother me.
  5. I Can't Stand the way an empty toilet paper tube feels. It has the same effect on me as nails down a chalkboard. When I have to change the roll, I try really hard not to touch the tube. It can be done. Trust me. I know.
  6. Dinner at my house is unpredictable. It might be served at five o'clock. It might be served at eight o'clock. You just never know. I'm pretty bad at planning serving time. And I go off on tangents with my cooking experiments.
  7. I'd love to be a freelance writer for newspapers. I don't know how to go about doing it. I keep meaning to find out.

Upon receiving this honor, I'm supposed to nominate seven other blogs for the same award. I nominate the following seven fabulous blogs:

  1. Carrie at Ginger Lemon Girl. Ginger Lemon Girl is one of the first blogs I started reading. She's a gluten-free cook. I'm not, but her recipes are delicious and easily adaptable to my preferences.
  2. Alison at AliCakes. Have you seen her little cupcakes and other delicious concoctions? They're so pretty. I bake, too, and Allison has a similar style to me. I love seeing what she's up to!
  3. Joy in Cooking. She makes really cool things. Check out her pot stickers. Hers is a blog I will be sure to keep up with.
  4. Megan at What Megan's Making. I love her Husband Scale. It's a lot of fun to feed a husband and see his reaction.
  5. For the Love of Cooking. Her pictures are wonderful! I hope to get a newer camera soon and start taking some better pictures. Meanwhile, I can have all the eye candy I want right at her blog!
  6. Jenn at Jenn's Food Journey. Love her recipes and pictures. It's almost Super Bowl time. quick! Go check out her appetizer recipes. You may never go back to the freezer section again!
  7. The Mennonite Girls at Mennonite Girls Can Cook. They really can. Check them out. Good, hearty, delicious, beautiful food abounds here. They're so awesome that I'm almost intimidated to include them here. I feel unworthy. ;)

If you've been nominated, will you pretty please pay it forward? Here are the guidelines:

  • Thank the person who nominated YOU. :)
  • Copy the award and post it you YOUR blog.
  • Link back to the person who nominated you.
  • Share 7 interesting things about yourself (yourselves).
  • Nominate 7 more bloggers for this award.
  • Post your link to those 7 blogs.

Now I will go float around on a cloud of happiness and plan my grocery list for next week. :)

5 comments:

Carrie said...

I am truly honored Michelle! Thank you so much for awarding me! :-) I really look forward to reading your blog!!

Pam said...

Congrats on your award! Thanks for passing it on to me. I too love kitchen gadgets.

Unknown said...

I can't tell you how thankful and honored I am to have you nominate me, Michelle. I just started my blog at the end of 2009 and really thought that only friends and family would visit it. Your encouragement is so appreciated! I love your blog, looking forward to your posts!
Happy Cooking!

Lisa said...

Thanks for the nomination and nice compliment. I can totally relate to your list..almost everything you listed describes me, except I need the baseboards clean AND the toys picked up.

Sharlene T. said...

Congratulations! You deserve the award. It's a wonderful blog.

*NEW!* Stay current on what's cooking!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails