Vegetable Pot Pie
- pastry for a double crust pie (from scratch or from the store, your choice)
- 4 cups diced vegetables (again, your choice. use what you have. I used broccoli, corn, 2 potatoes, 4 carrots, 1 stalk of celery, and 2 green onions)
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 cups milk
How it's Done:
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Roll out your bottom crust and place in a 9" deep dish pie plate. Pile all vegetables except onion in the crust; set aside.
- Melt butter in a saute pan over medium heat. Add onion and cook five minutes, or until soft. Add garlic and cook another minute. Sprinkle flour over onion and garlic and stir until all the white is gone. Slowly add milk. Cook and stir until thickened. This takes about 5 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour sauce over vegetables.
- Roll top crust over bottom. Pinch to seal seams. Make 3 vents in the crust with a knife.
- Bake for 45 to 55 minutes, until lightly browned. If browning is too quick, cover with foil and continue baking.
- Let stand ten minutes before cutting.