Time to get the slow cooker out. It's a cold, dreary Georgia day. It's the perfect weather for slow cooked food.
Citrus Chicken in the Slow Cooker
- 6 pieces of chicken (I used 3 individually quick frozen -IQF- chicken breasts and 3 IQF chicken thighs)
- 1 cup sherry
- 3/4 cup dried fruit (I used dried cherries)
- 1/3 cup orange marmalade
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1 vidalia onion, sliced into thin rings
- 1 lemon, sliced into thin rounds (remove seeds)
- 1 orange (I used honey bells, which are in season now), sliced into thin rounds
- the juice of one orange
How it's Done:
- Place the chicken in the slow cooker. Top with sliced onions. Pour sherry over top of chicken and onions. Dot marmalade on top. Slice orange and lemon and arrange the rounds on the chicken and onions. Sprinkle ground cloves on top of that, then pour the orange juice over everything.
- Cover and cook on low 8 hours.
- Serve over brown rice.