Could there possibly be a better way to wake up than the aroma of freshly baked muffins wafting into your bedroom, rousing you from your dreams? There might be, but right now, I can't think of one.
The kids woke up to the delicious scent of these banana muffins. They were happy. And I was happy knowing that I got to use up those bananas that were just about too ripe. All is well.
Banana Nut Crumb Muffins
makes 18 muffins
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 to 4 mashed bananas (about 1 cup)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans (or another nut of your choice)
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp butter
How it's Done:
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Spray 18 muffin cups with non-sick spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine mashed bananas, granulated sugar, melted butter, eggs, and milk. Pour all at once into dry ingredients. Stir just until blended.
- Fill muffin cups 3/4 full.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, and 2 Tbsp flour. Cut in 1 Tbsp butter until the mixture is finely crumbed. Divide equally over top of each muffin
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until muffin springs back when pressed gently.